Ask Your Question

Revision history [back]

click to hide/show revision 1
initial version

I discovered that the reason the manifest errored out, was that there was no package named xmlrpc-epi available.

I added the xmlrpc package in it's own package declaration, but it still had the same error.

  package { 'xmlrpc-epi':
    ensure  =>  installed,
    source  =>  "https://some.server/xmlrpc-epi-0.54.2-1.x86_64.rpm
  }

I solved this by providing the name to the package

  package { 'xmlrpc-epi':
    ensure  =>  installed,
    source  =>  "https://some.server/xmlrpc-epi-0.54.2-1.x86_64.rpm
    name    =>  'xmlrpc-epi',
  }

Not sure why adding the name to the package fixed it.

I discovered that the reason the manifest errored out, was that there was no package named xmlrpc-epi available.

I added the xmlrpc package in it's own package declaration, but it still had the same error.

  package { 'xmlrpc-epi':
    ensure  =>  installed,
    source  =>  "https://some.server/xmlrpc-epi-0.54.2-1.x86_64.rpm
  }

I solved this by providing the name to the package

  package { 'xmlrpc-epi':
    ensure  =>  installed,
    source  =>  "https://some.server/xmlrpc-epi-0.54.2-1.x86_64.rpm
    name    =>  'xmlrpc-epi',
  }

Not sure why adding the name to the package fixed it.

Edit The name needs to match whatever is returned by yum info

I discovered that the reason the manifest errored out, was that there was no package named xmlrpc-epi available.

I added the xmlrpc package in it's own package declaration, but it still had the same error.

  package { 'xmlrpc-epi':
    ensure  =>  installed,
    source  =>  "https://some.server/xmlrpc-epi-0.54.2-1.x86_64.rpm
  }

I solved this by providing the name to the package

  package { 'xmlrpc-epi':
    ensure  =>  installed,
    source  =>  "https://some.server/xmlrpc-epi-0.54.2-1.x86_64.rpm
"https://some.server/xmlrpc-epi-0.54.2-1.x86_64.rpm",
    name    =>  'xmlrpc-epi',
  }

Not sure why adding the name to the package fixed it.

Edit The name needs to match whatever is returned by yum info

I discovered that the reason the manifest errored out, was that there was no package named xmlrpc-epi available.

I added the xmlrpc package in it's own package declaration, but it still had the same error.

  package { 'xmlrpc-epi':
    ensure  =>  installed,
    source  =>  "https://some.server/xmlrpc-epi-0.54.2-1.x86_64.rpm
  }

I solved this by providing the name to the package

  package { 'xmlrpc-epi':
    ensure  =>  installed,
    source  =>  "https://some.server/xmlrpc-epi-0.54.2-1.x86_64.rpm",
    name    =>  'xmlrpc-epi',
  }

Not sure why adding the name to the package fixed it.

Edit
The name needs to match whatever is returned by yum info

Edit2
I've found that this doesn't work in all cases. Using the ensure_packages() function inside the puppetlabs/stdlib module is much more reliable.