What is the Facter resolution order?
There are numerous ways to set a Facter fact. What is the precedence order in which they are resolved -- i.e., what can override what?
Simply, what are the order-numbers in the blanks below?:
- __ /etc/puppetlabs/facter/facts.d/*
- __ /path/to/modules/mymodule/lib/facter/fact.rb
- __ Hiera
- _ FACTER* Environment variables
- __ Puppet-set internal facts
- __ ... any others I've forgotten
For reference, we're using PE 3.8.1 w/ Facter 2.4.
I've looked through the doc, and all I can find is that the environment variables will override Ruby-created facts under .../lib/facter/. Did I just miss a section, or is this not documented?