Error after install RHEL on AWS EC2 (no error message though)
Good morning guys, I've come across a problem whilst installing PE on a cloud Linux machine.
Initially, I had tried this with Ubuntu, where I had some networking errors, but ended up with this particular error as well.
So now, in trying to install it on RHEL instead (7.1 HVM), I get the same error. BUT, as far as I'm able to ascertain, I can't see the error message.
So here's the steps I've taken on the latest environment I've spun up:
- Create EC2 instance RHEL 7.1 HVM
- Ensure all ports are open, that need to be.
- SSH in, modify /etc/environment to use our company's proxy so I can access the net.
- Do a Yum update/upgrade
- Install wget, emacs, screen using Yum
- Wget PE package (definitely using the correct distro/version) - I simply download this to my home/ec2_user folder
- sudo install, and select yes when asked if I want to use a guided install.
- Go to the https link provided on a separate Windows 2012 R2 jump server.
- Click through the options, selecting Monolithic install, putting in my EC2 private name in the first box, and using a variety of DNS names (I've stopped trying to be selective, as I'm convinced this is the problem...) including ones created for me, public DNS, and private DNS names. All separated with commas.
- review, and install - I get green on all checklist items, except for space and CPU cores (Using this for PoC, so using a smaller instance for now).
- Click install, and wait for the install to do its thing.
NOW! Here's where I get the errors (I think?), but the log is a little beyond me... The part I think is relevant is at the end, as it seems the install completes but....
*************************** STEP 5: DONE INFO INFO Thanks for installing Puppet Enterprise! INFO INFO To learn more and get started using Puppet Enterprise, refer to INFO the Puppet Enterprise Quick Start Guide INFO (http://docs.puppetlabs.com/pe/latest/quick_start.html) and the INFO Puppet Enterprise Deployment Guide INFO (http://docs.puppetlabs.com/guides/deployment_guide/index.html). INFO INFO The console can be reached at the following URI: INFO * https://ip-xx-xx-xx-xx.eu-west-1.compute.internal INFO INFO ======================================================================== INFO INFO ## NOTES INFO INFO Puppet Enterprise has been installed to "/opt/puppetlabs," and INFO its configuration files are located in "/etc/puppetlabs". INFO INFO Answers from this session saved to INFO '/tmp/pe-installer-HEw05ElY/install/answers.lastrun.ip-xx-xx-xx-xx.aws.XX.XX.com' INFO In addition, auto-generated database users and passwords have INFO been saved to '/etc/puppetlabs/installer/database_info.*' INFO !!! WARNING: Do not discard these files! All auto-generated INFO database users and passwords have been saved in them. You will INFO need this information to configure the console role during INFO installation. INFO INFO If you have a firewall running, please ensure the following TCP INFO ports are open: 443, 4433, 8140, 61613 INFO INFO !!! WARNING: Installer failed to ...