As far as I know, I don't think you can directly call one puppet environment from another environment.
If you need two different sets of environments to run, I have heard of people using cron instead of the puppet daemon, and doing things that way.
The example was from talking with Tim Nolet about https://puppetlabs.com/presentations/....
They had a use-case that had
- A set of modules to run every half hour to ensure configuration
- a separate, long running set of modules to ensure CIS compliance that was run once a day
It may help if you could describe what you are trying to accomplish:
- Are you trying to separate out 'system configuration' from 'app deployment'?
- Are you separating out a 'bootstrapping' process from a standard config management set of operations?
- Are you trying to do something like Tim above and run one set of 'compliance' options separate from your regular configuration?
Sorry that I'm not much direct help, hopefully you can find a solution that fits your needs!