Ask Your Question


asked 2016-05-23 14:03:53 -0600

jcreek gravatar image

I am following the puppet docs to install PE. During the setup of Code Manager ( when I try to test puppet-code deploy it worked once now has stopped.

In the console the Code Manager and Puppet Server services show as unreachable.

When I look in the /var/log/puppetlabs/puppetserver/puppetserver.log file it shows:
ERROR [async-dispatch-2] [p.t.internal] Error during service init!!! clojure.lang.ExceptionInfo: Output of live-dir-commits does not match schema: {:puppet-code {:commit (not (instance? java.lang.String nil))}} at$eval35420$livedircommits35425.invoke(filesyncversionedcodecore.clj:54) ~[na:na] at$reify37962$servicefnk5254autopositional$reify37973.init(filesyncversionedcodeservice.clj:39) ~[na:na] at$eval5060$fn5061$G50485064.invoke(services.clj:8) ~[na:na] at$eval5060$fn5061$G50475068.invoke(services.clj:8) ~[na:na] at puppetlabs.trapperkeeper.internal$eval13729$runlifecyclefnBANG13736$fn13737.invoke(internal.clj:175) ~[na:na] at puppetlabs.trapperkeeper.internal$eval13729$runlifecyclefnBANG13736.invoke(internal.clj:158) ~[na:na] at puppetlabs.trapperkeeper.internal$eval13758$runlifecyclefns13763$fn13764.invoke(internal.clj:209) ~[na:na] at puppetlabs.trapperkeeper.internal$eval13758$runlifecyclefns13763.invoke(internal.clj:186) [na:na] at puppetlabs.trapperkeeper.internal$eval14229$buildappSTAR14238$fn$reify14248.init(internal.clj:559) [na:na] at puppetlabs.trapperkeeper.internal$eval14275$bootservicesforappSTARSTAR14282$fn14283$fn14285.invoke(internal.clj:585) [na:na] at puppetlabs.trapperkeeper.internal$eval14275$bootservicesforappSTARSTAR14282$fn14283.invoke(internal.clj:584) [na:na] at puppetlabs.trapperkeeper.internal$eval14275$bootservicesforappSTARSTAR14282.invoke(internal.clj:578) [na:na] at clojure.core$partial$fn4529.invoke(core.clj:2499) [puppet-server-release.jar:na] at puppetlabs.trapperkeeper.internal$eval13797$initializelifecycleworker13808$fn13809$fn13896$statemachine11795auto13897$fn13899.invoke(internal.clj:226) [na:na] at puppetlabs.trapperkeeper.internal$eval13797$initializelifecycleworker13808$fn13809$fn13896$statemachine11795auto_13897.invoke(internal.clj:226) [na:na] at clojure.core.async.impl.iocmacros$runstatemachine.invoke(iocmacros.clj:1011) [na:na] at clojure.core.async.impl.iocmacros$runstatemachinewrapped.invoke(iocmacros.clj:1015) [na:na] at clojure.core.async$iocaltsBANG$fn11963.invoke(async.clj:378) [na:na] at clojure.core.async$doalts$fn11909$fn11912.invoke(async.clj:247) [na:na] at clojure.core.async.impl.channels.ManyToManyChannel$fn6730$fn6731.invoke(channels.clj:95) [na:na] at [puppet-server-release.jar:na] at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker( [na:1.8.091] at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor ... (more)

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

2 Answers

Sort by ยป oldest newest most voted

answered 2016-06-16 10:06:29 -0600

jcreek gravatar image

Since this was a new PE server, I reinstalled using an answer file to setup Code Manager during install. Everything is working for now.

edit flag offensive delete link more

answered 2016-06-10 05:01:44 -0600

gd gravatar image

I had the same problem, and appears to be down to corrupted git files used within the filesync module. I needed to delete the internal filesync git data and restart the crashed puppetserver: 1. rm -rf /opt/puppetlabs/server/data/puppetserver/filesync 2. service pe-puppetserver start

In my case what actually happened was: 1. these files grew in number until they used up all the inodes in my filesystem(!) 2. I removed them and restarted pe-puppetserver as above, and seemed okay (puppet-code deploy worked fine) 3. later on when new code was pushed to the Git repo, the same puppet-code deploy failed and crashed puppet server again, corrupting the same files. I think the reason it crashed was a mismatch between the .git files in /etc/puppet/code/environments/[env] and the ones it had been forced to create after I removed them previously.

So ultimately I needed to run this to completely fix both problems (until the next time..): 1. service pe-puppetserver stop 2. rm -rf /opt/puppetlabs/server/data/puppetserver/filesync 3. rm -rf /etc/puppetlabs/code/environments/* 4. service pe-puppetserver start puppet-code deploy --all --wait

edit flag offensive delete link more


Thanks for the detailed post. I will have to try that if I have the issue again. Since this was a new PE server, I reinstalled using an answer file to setup Code Manager during install. Everything is working for now.

jcreek gravatar imagejcreek ( 2016-06-16 10:03:47 -0600 )edit

Your Answer

Please start posting anonymously - your entry will be published after you log in or create a new account.

Add Answer

Question Tools



Asked: 2016-05-23 14:03:53 -0600

Seen: 175 times

Last updated: Jun 16 '16